Untitled Document
[:: Navigation ::]
 
 
 
  Main | PAF s' Squadrons
PAF s' Squadrons

No. 1 Fighter Conversion Unit History: 1947-1982

This unit was formed on 15th September, 1975 at Mianwali base with a total of 20 FT-5 aircraft under the command of Wg. Cdr. Ehtisham Akram. The object was conversion of pilots for fighter role in F-6 squadrons. After completing their flying here the students proceed to 14 O.C.U. for further training. The squadron moved to Chaklala on 17th March, 1976 to take part in the Pakistan Day fly-past, and returned to its base on 23rd March.

[ Back ]