With the induction of B-57 bombers in the PAF, an
operational conversion unit was raised at Mauripur on 15
August 1959, to train pilots and navigator-bombardiers for
No. 8 B-57 Squadron. The training unit was named No 10
Squadron and it carried out its assigned task for a little
over six months.
In March 1960, a second operational B-57 squadron, No. 7,
was formed which, together with its sister unit No 8
constituted No. 31 Wing. Consequent upon this development,
No. 10 Squadron was number-plated on 1st March 1960.